Friday, August 7, 2009

a tear in my beer...

I moved back to Toronto after a 10 year absence and lived on Camden street for a year.

It was a big year, growth challenges and falling in love with this city.

I used to spend a lot of time at the (no longer in the same location and therefore not the same place) tequila bookworm where they would let you read magazines and they had great food and even better music.

I had fallen hard for a boy who ended up being a boy who fucked and ran. I had just come back from a disastrous date at the AGO and was in this café. The woman at the table next to me was also drowning her sorrows, as she had just ended a three year relationship.

In what was a darkly comic moment, I was on the phone to a friend sniffling about the boy, and she was pouring her heart out to one of her friends. The staff generally were in charge of the music and they took it upon themselves to play john Denver. The woman went up to them and got them to change the music. It was funny.

I fell in love with this city really hard that day.

aa

No comments:

Post a Comment