Thursday, July 16, 2009

from that girl...

Dear Queen West,

I don't really mean to address you, I mean, you really had nothing to do with the whole thing, but things have changed and my memories, regardless of their vividness, have been transfered to you. I hope you always remind me of the time in my life where I was vulnerable and naive enough to be in love.

Alas, walking hand in hand I never stopped to inhale the aura of this street. The busy trendiness, people wanting to fit in, to stand out.

Now, walking down this street I notice everything, the way this street speaks to people wanting to be a part of it all. The difference. People who want to be different.

I become a part of this street when I come here now. I gallavant like I own a small part of it. As though my memories have been planted at all those special spots, and they've sprouted little parts of me, of That Girl, and are waiting to bloom.

When I come here I can feel it. It's happening. I can't wait to hold it. To show it off.

I become Queen West, the very Aura of it, and I can still feel him. It reminds me of who I want to be. Who I am.

I remember when we walked hand in hand.

Oh, I was so in love.

-F

*click on title to see Marlo Thomas in her glee

No comments:

Post a Comment