Monday, July 20, 2009

you're the one...

Hey Queen St,

I wanted to tell you this in person, but you know how I get face-to-face. I really wanted to get this right, you mean so much to me and I need you to know. You first caught my eye when I was only 14. The way we danced - I never felt so free. I was in love. You were the coolest. You are the coolest. I looked up to you. I still look up to you. I wanted to be with you and now I am.

You changed a lot over the years and some people don’t like you for that. I understand though. I always understood you. And it’s not all bad. I know you’re growing up. You can’t be young forever. Sometimes you need to change, and with good will always come the bad, you can’t please everyone.

Maybe that’s it, maybe that’s why people are getting mad at you Queen. They think you are trying get everyone to love you. What’s so wrong with that? Who wouldn’t want to be loved by everyone? They don’t get it. They’ll never get it. You have so much to offer. You just want everyone to see. That’s why I love you. You’re not afraid to take a chance. You have business tattooed on your left arm and fuck the corporation on your right. You’re not a paradox Queen St., you’re a perfect balance.

I wanted to write you this today so it was clear how I felt. I know you’re getting a hard time with all this 905 and hipster bullshit. You’re so strong to live through that. So strong. You don’t let them walk all over you. When people try to cross you you grab their fixie wheels in your tracks and fuck them up. That’s why I love you.

I will always love you Queen St. One day we will part but you will always have a place in my heart. You’re the one who brought me here. You’re the one who set me free.

Love always,

Michaud Garneau


* Michaud invites you to click on the title for tips to practice safety first. The forum is very interesting, as well.

Meanwhile, Michauds words have inspired me to link to a video that speaks to "the one". I vote it as one of the top ten funniest music videos of the 90's, if not only for the sheer volume of pelvis pumping, the uncomfortable rap insertion or the fact that the set is intergallactic and they are wearing the same outfit in different colors. It is also a karaoke video. Please sing along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WEQdFTXIwA



No comments:

Post a Comment